Business Operations Diploma
Advance your career by studying a nationally recognised Diploma of Business specialising in business operations online!
What you will learn
This nationally recognised BSB50120 Diploma of Business (Business Operations) online course has been developed against the Australian Quality Framework for business management. This course has been designed to be completed within 12-months.
You will learn the core skills and knowledge required to run a business such as how to manage business risks, resources and budgets; learn about project management and developing workplace systems for sustainability; manage innovation; how to recruit and manage team effectiveness; as well as learn how to develop critical thinking in others and communication skills. You will learn how to apply well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to various business contexts, as well as analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. The course is designed to develop your business operations skills.
Why study this course?
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from and be supported by industry professionals with years of experience
- Learn at any time of the day, in the comforts of your own home or office
- Have access to our state-of-the-art online platform with all of the learning resources and assessments for your course
- Whether you’re wanting to understand the fundamentals of business operations or be that pivotal person in your organisation to manage the business’s operations, this online course can help equip you with the knowledge and skills you need
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Monitor and improve thinking practices
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Plan financial management approaches
- Implement and monitor financial management plans
- Review and evaluate financial management plans
BSBHRM525 Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Develop recruitment and onboarding policies and procedures
- Manage recruitment process
- Manage staff onboarding
BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow up
BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- Analyse resource requirements
- Develop resource plans
- Allocate resources
- Review and report on resource usage
BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- Establish project parameters
- Develop project plan
- Administer and monitor project
- Finalise and review project
BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- Conduct project authorisation activities
- Define project scope
- Manage project scope control process
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- Establish risk context
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- Establish ways of working within team
- Identify improvements
- Implement innovative processes
- Develop workplace culture and tools for continuous improvement, innovation and learning
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Prepare workplace sustainability policies
- Implement workplace sustainability policies
- Review implementation of workplace sustainability policies
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- Establish communication protocols
- Coordinate effective communication
- Present and negotiate persuasively
- Review communication practices
You are able to learn at your own pace and have up to 12-months to complete this course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of online learning. We recommend you spend approximately 10-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given to ensure you complete the course within 12-months.
Please note. The above recommended study hours are indicative only. This time would be reduced if you have pre-existing knowledge and experience in taxation. Edna Training College is also able to support students who may require additional time. Should you require reasonable extensions to complete the training program, you simply have to reach out to our Student & Administration Support personnel who will be more than happy to assist!
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification.
Noting this, we require students who undertake this course to be:
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Have suitable language, literacy, numeracy and technological skills to be able to carry out tasks such as to:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate information that may deal with complex ideas to determine legislative and business requirements,
- Present information, ideas and concepts to a range of audiences using structure and language to suit the audience,
- Use a wide range of mathematical calculations to analyse numeric information in budgets, financial plans and other financial documents, and
- Utilise an online learning platform with ease – this involves being able to upload documents or videos onto the platform, navigate the platform looking for the unit content and assessments, access resources on the platform and communicate with others through the platform;
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint installed; and PDF reader capabilities;
- Have access to a computer with a working web camera and microphone; and
- Have access to an internet connection.
In accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations and the National Code, Edna Training College provides the opportunity for students to apply to have their prior learning and experience recognised towards an accredited qualification or units of competence for which they are enrolled in.
You may have obtained relevant skills and knowledge through prior formal training, workplace training or experience and may reduce the number of units or assessments required to be completed during the program. We will gather information about your prior experience and training history to determine the best pathway for you to achieve competency.
If you are interested in this course and believe you may qualify for course credit, come speak to one of our Student & Administration Support personnel today to find out how we can help you!
We do not believe in our students just learning for the sake of passing their assessments. This is why the assessment structured for this course is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace simulated tasks, projects, written reports and knowledge tests – NO EXAMS! The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
The student is required to produce a range of written records or reports based on real workplace scenarios or based on a case study that is provided by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform their response and then to propose their recommended actions.
The student is required to demonstrate a range of skills whilst being observed by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform the response, and then demonstrate that they are able to complete the practical tasks through a role-play or presentation activity. The student may be asked to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to the workplace.
The student is required to undertake a range of projects in the context of his or her own workplace or on a case study that is provided by the assessor. A project will require the creation of various workplace documents (such as ledgers and financial reports). Projects may have a practical component to it where the student may be asked to present or role-play the outcomes or findings of their project work.
The student is required to participate in knowledge tests over the course of his or her study. The student will be required to individually complete the test. The student may research their answers from the course training materials and notes as well as relevant workplace references.
Diploma of Project Management online
Diploma of Business online View details here
Certificate IV in Business Administration online
Please read through our Student Handbook (link here) prior to enrolling into this course.