Certificate in Understanding the Australian Taxation System
Are you wanting to understand the Australian taxation system and the role it plays in our economy?
Knowledge and skills you will learn
The course is designed to help you learn about the Australian taxation system and equip you with the knowledge and skills to understand the role of taxation in the Australian economy, how tax is levied and collected and the types of taxes paid by businesses and individuals.
In this course, you will learn the core skills to:
- Role of taxation in the Australian economy
- The purpose of taxation in the Australian economy at local, state and federal levels, and how this compares with other countries
- The role of the Australian Taxation Office
- What taxation revenue is used for and relate to the well-being and lifestyle of Australian citizens
- Personal tax
- Identify key terminology used in personal taxation
- Tax declaration forms, Tax File Number requirements and rates of personal tax
- How personal tax is assessed and how tax returns are completed and paid in Australia
- Business tax
- Different business structures and how this affects taxation
- How business tax is assessed and paid in Australia
- Superannuation contributions for employees
- How small business operators pay taxes
- Implications of underpayment or over payment of tax
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who:
- Are seeking an understanding of the taxation system in the Australian economy
- Have been given the taxation responsibilities in a business
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes, you will receive a digital Certificate of Participation upon completion of the course.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You are not required to have any prior experience or knowledge in economics and taxation.
- Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Diploma of Accounting online
- MYOB for Beginners online
- Certificate in Business Activity Statements