Diploma of Business (BSB50120)
A business diploma can provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced and competitive business world. It can assist you in achieving your objectives and realising your potential, regardless of whether you are just starting out or hoping to develop in your career.
Completing the course online means you can study from the comfort of your home whilst still having access to high-quality education and industry-relevant content without sacrificing your current job or other obligations. It is therefore the ideal choice for working professionals who want to advance their skills. This makes it the perfect option for busy professionals looking to upskill.
What you will learn
You can gain a variety of useful skills and information with a business diploma that will increase your marketability for jobs. Regardless of your areas of interest—marketing, finance, operations, or management—a business diploma will enable you to develop a thorough understanding of how organisations function and how to have a significant impact in whichever career path you choose.
Upon completing, you’ll be equipped with a variety of knowledge and skills including:
- An in-depth understanding of business theories and practices
- Advanced problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of financial management and analysis
- The ability to plan and implement successful marketing strategies
- Understanding of the impact of technology on business operation
Why study this course?
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from and be supported by industry professionals with years of experience
- Learn at any time of the day, in the comforts of your own home or office
- Have access to our state-of-the-art online platform with all of the learning resources and assessments for your course
- Whether you’re wanting to start your own business or be that pivotal person in your organisation that they cannot do without, this online course can help equip you with the knowledge and skills you need
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Monitor and improve thinking practices
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Plan financial management approaches
- Implement and monitor financial management plans
- Review and evaluate financial management plans
BSBHRM525 Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Develop recruitment and onboarding policies and procedures
- Manage recruitment process
- Manage staff onboarding
BSBMKG434 Promote products and services
- Establish promotional activities
- Coordinate promotional activities
- Review promotional activities
BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Explore marketing opportunities
- Evaluate marketing opportunities
- Evaluate required changes to current operations
BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- Analyse resource requirements
- Develop resource plans
- Allocate resources
- Review and report on resource usage
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- Establish project parameters
- Develop project plan
- Administer and monitor project
- Finalise and review project
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- Establish ways of working within team
- Identify improvements
- Implement innovative processes
- Develop workplace culture and tools for continuous improvement, innovation and learning
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Prepare workplace sustainability policies
- Implement workplace sustainability policies
- Review implementation of workplace sustainability policies
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- Establish communication protocols
- Coordinate effective communication
- Present and negotiate persuasively
- Review communication practices
You are able to learn at your own pace and have up to 12-months to complete this course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of online learning. We recommend you spend approximately 10-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given to ensure you complete the course within 12-months.
Please note. The above recommended study hours are indicative only. This time would be reduced if you have pre-existing knowledge and experience in taxation. Edna Training College is also able to support students who may require additional time. Should you require reasonable extensions to complete the training program, you simply have to reach out to our Student & Administration Support personnel who will be more than happy to assist!
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification.
Noting this, we require students who undertake this course to be:
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Have suitable language, literacy, numeracy and technological skills to be able to carry out tasks such as to:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate information that may deal with complex ideas to determine legislative and business requirements,
- Present information, ideas and concepts to a range of audiences using structure and language to suit the audience,
- Use a wide range of mathematical calculations to analyse numeric information in budgets, financial plans and other financial documents, and
- Utilise an online learning platform with ease – this involves being able to upload documents or videos onto the platform, navigate the platform looking for the unit content and assessments, access resources on the platform and communicate with others through the platform;
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint installed; and PDF reader capabilities;
- Have access to a computer with a working web camera and microphone; and
- Have access to an internet connection.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
In accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations and the National Code, Edna Training College provides the opportunity for students to apply to have their prior learning and experience recognised towards an accredited qualification or units of competence for which they are enrolled in.
You may have obtained relevant skills and knowledge through prior formal training, workplace training or experience and may reduce the number of units or assessments required to be completed during the program. We will gather information about your prior experience and training history to determine the best pathway for you to achieve competency.
If you are interested in this course and believe you may qualify for course credit, come speak to one of our Student & Administration Support personnel today to find out how we can help you!
We do not believe in our students just learning for the sake of passing their assessments. This is why the assessment structured for this course is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace simulated tasks, projects, written reports and knowledge tests – NO EXAMS! The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
The student is required to produce a range of written records or reports based on real workplace scenarios or based on a case study that is provided by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform their response and then to propose their recommended actions.
The student is required to demonstrate a range of skills whilst being observed by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform the response, and then demonstrate that they are able to complete the practical tasks through a role-play or presentation activity. The student may be asked to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to the workplace.
The student is required to undertake a range of projects in the context of his or her own workplace or on a case study that is provided by the assessor. A project will require the creation of various workplace documents (such as ledgers and financial reports). Projects may have a practical component to it where the student may be asked to present or role-play the outcomes or findings of their project work.
The student is required to participate in knowledge tests over the course of his or her study. The student will be required to individually complete the test. The student may research their answers from the course training materials and notes as well as relevant workplace references.
A business diploma can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including roles in marketing, finance, operations, and management. Some popular career paths include:
Create and build your own brand, turning your vision into reality.
Work to grow and maintain the operations of a business.
Business Strategist or Consultant
Responsible for advising and planning strategies for a business to achieve their goals.
Manage and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a business.
To find out more about employment prospects and outcomes for graduates with a Diploma of Business, visit the Australian Government mySkills website.
Additional Course Information
Please read through our Student Handbook (link here) prior to enrolling into this course.