Diploma of Business (Leadership)
Strong leadership and management abilities are more crucial than ever in today’s rapidly evolving business world. Students who complete a Diploma of Business (Leadership) will have the knowledge and abilities needed to successfully lead and manage teams. You will learn all you need to know about this fascinating and dynamic program from this in-depth guide.
The Diploma of Business (Leadership) provides a comprehensive education in the essential in elements of leadership and management. Students will develop a thorough understanding of crucial ideas including strategic planning, communication, motivation, and decision-making through a combination of classroom instruction and real-world experience.
A Comprehensive and Engaging Curriculum
Students who complete this program will be better equipped to lead and manage teams in both their personal and professional life. The theories, methods, and practices of leadership and management that are crucial for success in the fast-paced corporate climate of today will be thoroughly understood by graduates. For those looking to grow in their existing employment or move into new areas, this program offers a solid foundation. Graduates will have a competitive advantage in the job market since they will be equipped with the knowledge and abilities to hold leadership positions across a range of sectors. The curriculum covers a wide range of topics, including:
- Strategic planning and decision making
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivating and managing teams
- Understanding and managing organizational change
- Developing and maintaining workplace relationships
- Managing budgets and resources
BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- Assess individual and team critical and creative thinking skills
- Establish an environment that encourages the application of critical and creative thinking
- Monitor and improve thinking practices
BSBFIN501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Plan financial management approaches
- Implement and monitor financial management plans
- Review and evaluate financial management plans
BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations
- Support preparation of employee and industrial relations processes
- Support industrial relations
- Support employee relations
- Contribute to continuous improvement
BSBHRM521 Facilitate performance development processes
- Plan facilitation of performance development process
- Coordinate performance development process
- Coordinate individual or group learning and development
BSBHRM525 Manage recruitment and onboarding
- Develop recruitment and onboarding policies and procedures
- Manage recruitment process
- Manage staff onboarding
BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow up
BSBOPS501 Manage business resources
- Analyse resource requirements
- Develop resource plans
- Allocate resources
- Review and report on resource usage
BSBOPS504 Manage business risk
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
BSBSTR601 Manage innovation and continuous improvement
- Establish ways of working within team
- Identify improvements
- Implement innovative processes
- Develop workplace culture and tools for continuous improvement, innovation and learning
BSBSUS511 Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- Prepare workplace sustainability policies
- Implement workplace sustainability policies
- Review implementation of workplace sustainability policies
BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
BSBXCM501 Lead communication in the workplace
- Establish communication protocols
- Coordinate effective communication
- Present and negotiate persuasively
- Review communication practices
You are able to learn at your own pace and have up to 12-months to complete this course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of online learning. We recommend you spend approximately 10-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given to ensure you complete the course within 12-months.
Please note. The above recommended study hours are indicative only. This time would be reduced if you have pre-existing knowledge and experience in taxation. Edna Training College is also able to support students who may require additional time. Should you require reasonable extensions to complete the training program, you simply have to reach out to our Student & Administration Support personnel who will be more than happy to assist!
There are no set entry requirements for this qualification.
Noting this, we require students who undertake this course to be:
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Have suitable language, literacy, numeracy and technological skills to be able to carry out tasks such as to:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate information that may deal with complex ideas to determine legislative and business requirements,
- Present information, ideas and concepts to a range of audiences using structure and language to suit the audience,
- Use a wide range of mathematical calculations to analyse numeric information in budgets, financial plans and other financial documents, and
- Utilise an online learning platform with ease – this involves being able to upload documents or videos onto the platform, navigate the platform looking for the unit content and assessments, access resources on the platform and communicate with others through the platform;
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint installed; and PDF reader capabilities;
- Have access to a computer with a working web camera and microphone; and
- Have access to an internet connection.
Recognition Of Prior Learning
In accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations and the National Code, Edna Training College provides the opportunity for students to apply to have their prior learning and experience recognised towards an accredited qualification or units of competence for which they are enrolled in.
You may have obtained relevant skills and knowledge through prior formal training, workplace training or experience and may reduce the number of units or assessments required to be completed during the program. We will gather information about your prior experience and training history to determine the best pathway for you to achieve competency.
If you are interested in this course and believe you may qualify for course credit, come speak to one of our Student & Administration Support personnel today to find out how we can help you!
We do not believe in our students just learning for the sake of passing their assessments. This is why the assessment structured for this course is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace simulated tasks, projects, written reports and knowledge tests – NO EXAMS! The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
The student is required to produce a range of written records or reports based on real workplace scenarios or based on a case study that is provided by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform their response and then to propose their recommended actions.
The student is required to demonstrate a range of skills whilst being observed by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform the response, and then demonstrate that they are able to complete the practical tasks through a role-play or presentation activity. The student may be asked to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to the workplace.
The student is required to undertake a range of projects in the context of his or her own workplace or on a case study that is provided by the assessor. A project will require the creation of various workplace documents (such as ledgers and financial reports). Projects may have a practical component to it where the student may be asked to present or role-play the outcomes or findings of their project work.
The student is required to participate in knowledge tests over the course of his or her study. The student will be required to individually complete the test. The student may research their answers from the course training materials and notes as well as relevant workplace references.
Other Relevant Courses
Diploma of Project Management online
Diploma of Business online View details here
Certificate IV in Business Administration online
People can expand their job options and personal potential by earning a Diploma in Leadership and Management. For those looking to grow in their existing employment or move into new areas, this programme offers a solid foundation. Graduates will have a competitive advantage in the job market since they will be equipped with the knowledge and abilities to hold leadership positions across a range of sectors.
The program also offers students chances for personal development and insight. Students will get the chance to evaluate their own leadership and management styles and gain a better knowledge of their strengths and limitations through coursework, case studies, and group projects. Their increased self-awareness will enable them to make adjustments and advance as managers and leaders.
Additional Course Information
Please read through our Student Handbook (link here) prior to enrolling into this course.