Certificate in Project Management Essentials
Did you know that there are almost 93,000 project management roles that need to be filled in Australia alone? (Source: Seek.com.au, 19 Jul 2022). From administrators to project and program managers, there is a great skills shortage in this area with demand outstripping supply.
Consultancy.UK identified that a major project management shortage can cost the global economy $345 billion by 2030. In addition to that, the Project Management Institute, which is a global association for project professionals released a Jobs Report in 2022 which found that 2.3 million new project management employees will be needed each year to meet the global talent demands by 2030.
This shows that project management roles are a high-growth area and employers are not just head hunting and hiring veteran project management professionals, but also those who are new graduates and those who are looking at a change in career direction with project management skills.
This makes it the perfect time to learn essential project management skills to put you at the forefront of a booming industry and prepare you for a fulfilling career in project management!
What you will learn
This short course has been developed in consultation with experts in the industry, reviewed by a learning psychologist and designed to be completed at your own pace.
There are 8 modules in total in this program and you will learn the core skills and knowledge on managing projects:
Module 1: Project scope
Module 2: Schedules and timelines
Module 3: Quality of the deliverables
Module 4: Budgets and finances
Module 5: Project team
Module 6: Risks, treatments and controls
Module 7: Procurement
Module 8: Governance
Why study this course?
- Learn essential project management skills
- Learn from industry professionals with a wealth of experience
- Learn at any time of the day, in the comforts of your own home or office
- Have access to our state-of-the-art online platform with easy access
- Receive a Project Management Essentials certificate at the completion of the course
- Undertake project authorisation activities
- Define project scope
- Manage scope control systems
- Develop work breakdown structure
- Implement project schedule
- Assess time management outcomes
- Identify quality objectives
- Implement quality processes
- Identify project quality improvements
- Identify resource requirements and project costs
- Monitor and control project costs
- Review cost-management issues
Project human resources
- Match skills and knowledge of project members with project tasks
- Plan training and development of project team members
- Lead project team
- Disband project team
- Identify and analyse project risks
- Establish risk treatments and controls
- Monitor and control project risks
- Review project outcomes for the effectiveness of risk-management processes
- Determine procurement requirements
- Undertake procurement activities
- Identify project governance structure
- Develop knowledge management systems
- Analyse and review project governance impact against project objectives
On completion of this short course, you can enrol into an Australian accredited, nationally recognised program such as a Certificate IV in Project Management Practice or a Diploma of Project Management.
Our Student & Administration Support team can help you find a suitable registered training provider for your needs should you choose to progress to a Certificate IV in Project Management Practice or a Diploma of Project Management.
You are able to learn at your own pace and can take as long (or as short!) as you need to complete this course. We recommend you spend approximately 5-hours a week reading the course materials given if you want to complete the course within 2-months.
There are no assessments in this short course!
We have developed this course to equip you with the knowledge you would need to better understand the various aspects of project management. Whilst we have developed learning exercises for you, they are not compulsory for you to complete.