Online courses vs Classroom learning
Online Learning vs classroom
If you are thinking of starting a career in accountancy and are looking for a bookkeeping course to get you on your way, it may be hard to decide what kind of learning platform will be best for you. Do classroom courses, such as evening classes, offer a better learning experience or, will you get more benefit from an undertaking an Australian online course.
More people are moving away from classroom-based learning, towards online and distance learning. But does that mean that online learning is better? There are arguments for and against both learning platforms, but which is the best option for you?
The traditional, classroom-based training is a tried and tested method for learning. The advantages are that you can ask the trainer a question or for help and get an immediate response [because they are in the same room, not hundreds or thousands of miles away], the learning is more structured, which some people respond to better and, some people also learn better in a group situation where they can absorb input and discussions from their fellow students.
The draw-back of classroom learning is that you must attend when the classes are happening. This can be a problem if you have other commitments such as, holding down a job or raising your children. This is where online or distance learning can be more beneficial to most people. With an online course, you have more control over the pace at which you learn and when you put the hours in. You will still, in most cases, have to meet firm deadlines which will take extra self-discipline but, you will have the freedom to fit the course around your lifestyle. Online courses are also catching up with classroom tuition in the area of one-on-one coaching thanks to live links via apps like Skype and Facebook messenger.
Other advantages of online learning
- Support network – you won’t miss out on having the traditional classroom support with Edna. Our students have a dedicated forum set up specifically for them to interact with other students to leverage support and knowledge off!
- Flexibility – study anytime, anywhere and you dictate the time it takes for you to finish the course
- Faster support – instead of waiting for your next class to ask a question, you can simply e-mail your Trainer and get a response within 24-hours (excluding weekends)
- Distance is no longer a factor – with modern technology, those who lived in rural areas or those who would have originally have found it very challenging to undertake further study in person can now learn in the comforts of their own home with the support and help of a dedicated team of Trainers
- More affordable options – you can save a lot of time and money by eliminating travel time and costs, babysitting costs, and other miscellaneous costs involved with face-to-face training
So, if you feel you have the dedication to responsibly set aside time to complete the work required and, you need the flexibility an online bookkeeping course offers, you are probably better off choosing this option over classroom learning. If you would like to talk to us about your options to see which one suits you best you can give us a call. Alternatively, you can fill in the contact form on this website and we can give you a callback at a time that suits you. We look forward to helping you with your journey.Click here to visit our homepage and check out what courses are available.