Bachelor of Information Technology
- Australian Accredited Qualification
- 100% online | Equivalent to on-campus qualifications
- Overseas students eligible, no visa required
About the Course
The Bachelor of Information Technology provides you with the contemporary knowledge, skills and experience required for a successful career as an IT professional capable of managing information technology, digital proficiency and technological transformations in all sectors of the community.
In addition to acquiring a core set of IT skills that are relevant in almost every industry, this diverse degree provides you with the opportunity to choose from a wide range of IT specialisations according to your interests and career aspirations. We offer a full range of IT disciplines from the technical (software development and cloud computing), to the creative (creative technologies and games design).
You’ll cover areas such as cyber security, application development, computer games, gaming, virtual and augmented reality, creative technologies and cloud computing and gain experience constructing IT solutions to real-world problems. You also have the flexibility to diversify your studies and explore other areas of interest through elective units in IT and/or complementary study areas.
This course includes an internship unit that provides professional work experience with an approved host organisation. Students also have the opportunity to gain business skills working on real-world products.
IT is at the heart of innovation and productivity. It shapes the way we live, work, learn, communicate, socialise and entertain ourselves. It’s no surprise then, that IT graduates are in high demand globally, and with high entry-level salaries on offer an IT degree can set you up for a satisfying and rewarding career. Possible roles include network officer or manager, IT security officer or manager, object-oriented or procedural programmer, database or web designer, manager, consultant, or system analyst.
Units in the course may include assessment hurdle requirements
* Price for the online Bachelor of Information Technology is based on Commonwealth Supported Place (HECS).
The Bachelor of Information Technology is provided by Deakin University which has no affiliation with EDNA. This is a resource provided for students that are interested in Australian online courses.
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Unit Type|
|STP050 (0 credit points)||Academic Integrity||Core|
|SIT010 (0 credit points)||Safety Induction Program||Core|
|STP010 (0 credit points)||Introduction to Work Placements||Core|
|SIT102||Introduction to Programming||Core|
|SIT103||Data and Information Management||Core|
|SIT105||Thinking Technology and Design||Core|
|SIT202||Networks and Communications||Core|
|SIT223||Professional Practice in a Digital World||Core|
|SIT216 *||User Centred Design||Core|
|SIT317 #||Enterprise, Entrepreneurship and Innovation||Core|
|STP301||Industry Based Learning||Core|
ATAR SCORE: 60.85
School leavers will be based on the following
- Results in the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent.
- Pre-requisite units 3 and 4.
- A study score of at least 25 in English as an additional language or 20 in English other than EAL.
Requirements for non-school leavers:
- Certificate IV in a related study field OR
- Nationally accredited Diploma in any field OR
- Degree from another institution or least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent for example relevant work or life experience