Diploma of Business (BSB50120)
You will develop your management skills and prepare you to become a valued business professional.
The Diploma of Business (BSB50120) has been developed against the Australian Quality Framework for business management. The course is designed to develop your management skills and teach you to share your business vision with the world.The practical skills you will learn will equip you to effectively market a brand, manage your risk and finances strategically and stay innovative in challenging market conditions.
The course is designed to be completed within 12-months and you will learn the knowledge and skills required to run a business. You will learn how to manage risk, budgets and financial plans; manage recruitment processes; and create an innovative workplace. The course will also cover project work, sales and marketing.
Whether you want to run your own business or be that pivotal person in your organisation, this qualification will open doors and create rewarding opportunities for you.
What you will learn
An in-depth understanding of business theories and practices.
Advanced problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
Effective communication and negotiation skills.
Knowledge of financial management and analysis.
The ability to plan and implement successful marketing strategies.
Understanding of the impact of technology on business operation.
Why study this course
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from and be supported by industry professionals with years of experience
- Learn at any time of the day, in the comforts of your own home or office
- Have access to our state-of-the-art online platform with all of the learning resources and assessments for your course
- Whether you’re wanting to start your own business or be that pivotal person in your organisation that they cannot do without, this online course can help equip you with the knowledge and skills you need
|Develop critical thinking in others
|Manage budgets and financial plans
|Manage recruitment and onboarding
|Promote products and services
|Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
|Manage business resources
|Manage business risk
|Undertake project work
|Manage innovation and continuous improvement
|Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
|Manage team effectiveness
|Lead communication in the workplace
A business diploma can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including roles in marketing, finance, operations, and management. Some popular career paths include:
Entrepreneur Create and build your own brand, turning your vision into reality.
Executive Officer Work to grow and maintain the operations of a business.
Business Strategist or Consultant Responsible for advising and planning strategies for a business to achieve their goals.
Office Manager Manage and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a business.
To find out more about employment prospects and outcomes for graduates with a Diploma of Business, visit the Australian Government mySkills website.
Online: You have up to 24-months to complete your course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of learning. We recommend you spend approximately 10-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given to ensure you complete the course within 11-months.
- Be aged 18 years or over;
- Have suitable language, literacy, numeracy and technological skills to be able to carry out tasks such as to:
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate information that may deal with complex ideas to determine legislative and business requirements,
- Present information, ideas and concepts to a range of audiences using structure and language to suit the audience,
- Use a wide range of mathematical calculations to analyse numeric information in budgets, financial plans and other financial documents, and
- Utilise an online learning platform with ease – this involves being able to upload documents or videos onto the platform, navigate the platform looking for the unit content and assessments, access resources on the platform and communicate with others through the platform;
- Have access to a computer with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint installed; and PDF reader capabilities;
- Have access to a computer with a working web camera and microphone; and
- Have access to an internet connection.