Certificate in Business Activity Statements
Online Course Information
Are you wanting to learn more about Business Activity Statements (BAS)? Are you lodging the BAS or IAS for your business?
Knowledge and skills you will learn
The course is designed to help you learn about business and instalment activity statements and equip you with the knowledge and skills to be able to correctly prepare the BAS or IAS for your organisation.
In this course, you will learn the core skills to:
- Analyse and apply industry codes of conduct associated with work activities
- Review, interpret and apply legislation relating to taxes reported on activity statements
- Identify and document lodgement schedule requirements
- Assess entity’s cash flow and payment options and arrangements
- Review and apply goods and services tax implications and code transactions
- Identify, interpret, apply and record GST principles
- Identify and code purchases and/or payments as per GST classifications
- Identify and code sales and/or receipts as per GST classifications
- Process accounting data to comply with tax and GST reporting requirements
- Prepare BAS and IAS
- Calculate and reconcile total salaries, wages and other payments for a reporting period
- Verify or calculate pay as you go instalment (PAYGI) amount where applicable
- Prepare and reconcile activity statement with journal entries, financial statements and other control accounts
- Review transactions in the accounting system
- Make adjustments for previous quarters, months or year-end where necessary
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who:
- Are wanting to learn about BAS and IAS
- Have been given the responsibility to prepare BAS or IAS for their organisation
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes, you will receive a digital Certificate of Participation upon completion of the course.