Certificate in Establishing and Maintaining Payroll Systems
Online Course Information
Are you wanting to learn how to establish and maintain a payroll system for your business?
Knowledge and skills you will learn
The course is designed to help you learn about payroll systems and equip you with the knowledge and skills to develop a payroll system for your organisation.
In this course, you will learn the core skills to:
- Establish payroll requirements
- Apply knowledge of legislation in relation to National Employment Standards, and legislative requirements in regard to payroll payments
- Research and identify relevant state and modern awards, and employment agreements, regarding details to be set up in payroll system for individual employees
- Configure payroll system with complete data provided by employee and employer
- Prepare and process payroll
- Use employee source data to calculate, record and reconcile payroll according to legislative requirements
- Reconcile total payments for pay period, and review and correct irregularities or refer them to designated persons for resolution
- Identify legislative and organisational requirements relevant to employment termination processes and payment, and seek advice to interpret requirements as required
- Maintain payroll system
- Maintain information and record keeping relating to payroll function according to current legislative and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and reconcile month-end and year-end payroll records to ensure compliance with legislative and management deadlines
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who:
- Are seeking a position in accounts administration or payroll
- Have been given the responsibility to establish and maintain payroll systems in their organisation
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes, you will receive a digital Certificate of Participation upon completion of the course.