Certificate in BAS Agent Registration
- Australian Accredited Qualification
- 100% online | Equivalent to on-campus qualifications
- Overseas students eligible, no visa required
Make your career goals a reality by getting the essential accounting knowledge and skills you need to be able to complete important BAS Agent tasks with this nationally recognised course.
This online certificate course was designed in consultation with the industry so that you are equipped with the skills and knowledge the industry needs and wants.
What you will learn
In this online accredited accounting course – FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set, you will learn to complete business activity and instalment activity statements, and establish and maintain payroll systems.
Why study this course?
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from and be supported by industry professionals with years of experience
- Whether you want to learn the required accounting skills and knowledge to register as a BAS agent, or undertake BAS responsibilities for your business, this online course can help you
This course is delivered by Dolph Business School (RTO No. 41480, CRICOS Provider No. 03642G).
FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- Identify compliance and other requirements applicable to business activity
- Analyse and apply industry codes of conduct associated with work activities
- Review and apply goods and services tax (GST) implications and code transactions
- Report on payroll activities and amounts withheld
- Reconcile and prepare activity statement
- Lodge activity statement
FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems
- Establish payroll requirements
- Record payroll data
- Prepare and process payroll
- Handle payroll enquiries
- Maintain payroll
Online: You have up to 24-months to complete your course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of learning. We recommend you spend approximately 10-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given if you are aiming to complete the course within 2-months.
Please note. The above recommended study hours are indicative only. This time would be reduced if you have pre-existing knowledge and experience in accounting and bookkeeping. Dolph Business School is also able to support students who may require additional time.
We do not believe in our students just learning for the sake of passing their exams. This is why the assessment for this course is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace simulated tasks, projects, knowledge tests, and response to case studies – NO EXAMS! The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
Written Reports / Case Studies.
The student is required to produce a range of written records or reports based on real workplace scenarios or based on a case study that is provided by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform their response and then to propose their recommended actions. There may be a practical portion for the student to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to the workplace. This could be by way of presentations or role-play activities.
The student is required to undertake a range of projects in the context of his or her own workplace or on a case study that is provided by the assessor. A project will require the creation of various workplace documents (reports, memos, etc.). Projects may have a practical presentation component where the student may be asked to present or role-play the outcomes of their project or research.
The student is required to participate in knowledge tests over the course of his or her study. The student will be required to individually complete the test. The student may research their answers from the course training materials and notes as well as relevant workplace references.
Please note, to comply with the TPB’s requirements, the assessment for this course will be taken under independent supervision.