Certificate in Understanding the Australian Financial System and Markets
Online Course Information
Are you wanting to learn about the Australian financial system and markets?
Knowledge and skills you will learn
The course is designed to help you learn about the Australian financial system and markets, and equip you with the knowledge and skills to be able to understand the financial systems and markets operating in Australia, including the role of the central bank, the impact of its decisions on businesses and consumers, key factors that influence the Australian economy and the role of financial regulators.
In this course, you will learn the core skills to:
- Australian financial markets
- Purpose and role of financial markets in Australia
- Participants in financial markets and roles of banks and financial institutions as financial intermediaries
- Role of the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Central bank and its contrast with other banking institutions
- The importance and effect of RBA’s monetary policy on the Australian economy and everyday consumers
- Australia’s monetary system
- Various functions of money and society’s motivations for holding money
- The monetary cycle int he economy and on a global scale, and instruments traded on short-term money market
- Impact of increases and decreases in money supply and importance of regulating money supply of a country
- Key factors that influence the Australian economy
- Role and impact of Commonwealth and state government actions on the economy with reference to current events and issues
- Impact of change in domestic interest rates on different sectors of the economy
- Impact of changes in consumer activity on the Australian economy
- Main regulators of the financial system
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those who:
- Are seeking to understand how the Australian financial system and markets work
- Have recently started a business and wants to know what factors can influence the economy
Will I receive a certificate upon completion?
Yes, you will receive a digital Certificate of Participation upon completion of the course.