Dual Diploma of Business + Diploma of Project Management
- Australian Accredited Qualification
- 100% online | Equivalent to on-campus qualifications
- Overseas students eligible, no visa required
Make your career goals a reality by getting the knowledge and skills you need to gain a competitive advantage with this nationally recognised course.
This online BSB50215 Diploma of Business and BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management course was designed in consultation with the industry so that you are equipped with the skills and knowledge the industry needs and wants and developed against the Australian Quality Framework for business and management.
What you will learn
In this online course, you will learn the core skills and knowledge required to run a business and manage projects for the business. You will learn how to manage risk and budgets, recruit and build an innovative work environment, manage projects, as well as marketing a product or service.
The course is also designed to develop your project management skills and teach you the practical skills such as how to effectively manage project scope, time, quality, cost, human resources, information and communication, risk, and project integration. These units will help you build a strong foundation to excel as an effective project manager.
Why study this course?
- Graduate with a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from and be supported by industry professionals with years of experience
- The training and assessments in this course have been developed to help you apply your learning to real-world situations so that you are job-ready when you graduate
What is included in the course fees?
- Access to the learning material and assessments online
- A hard copy book – Foundr v1.0 – from the world’s most influential entrepreneurs*
- Project Management eTextbook
- A library of videos and study-aids*
- A specially developed Ultimate Study Planner
- 1-on-1 Trainer support
- Post-graduation support
* Available to online Australian students only.
This course is delivered by Dolph Business School (RTO No. 41480, CRICOS Provider No. 03642G).
Business essentials and risk management
BSBFIM501 Manage budgets and financial plans
- Plan financial management approaches
- Implement financial management approaches
- Monitor and control finances
- Review and evaluate financial management processes
BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- Establish risk context
- Identify risks
- Analyse risks
- Select and implement treatments
BSBPMG517 Manage project risk
- Identify project risks
- Analyse project risks
- Establish risk treatments and controls
- Monitor and control project risks
- Assess risk management outcomes
BSBWHS504 Manage WHS risks
- Access information and data on WHS hazards and risk management
- Prepare to manage WHS risks
- Develop and implement WHS risk-management processes
Human resources and innovative workplaces
BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- Develop recruitment, selection and induction policies and procedures
- Recruit and select staff
- Manage staff induction
BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
- Allocate work
- Assess performance
- Provide feedback
- Manage follow up
BSBPMG515 Manage project human resources
- Plan human resources relevant to projects
- Implement project personnel training and development
- Lead project team
- Finalise human resource activities related to projects
BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- Lead innovation by example
- Establish work practices that support innovation
- Promote innovation
- Create a physical environment which supports innovation
- Provide learning opportunities
BSBWOR502 Lead and manage team effectiveness
- Establish team performance plan
- Develop and facilitate team cohesion
- Facilitate teamwork
- Liaise with stakeholders
Project management essentials
BSBPMG511 Manage project scope
- Conduct project authorisation activities
- Define project scope
- Manage project scope control process
BSBPMG512 Manage project time
- Determine project schedule
- Implement project schedule
- Assess time management outcomes
BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- Determine quality requirements
- Implement quality processes
- Implement project quality improvements
BSBPMG514 Manage project cost
- Determine project costs
- Monitor and control project costs
- Complete cost-management processes
BSBPMG516 Manage project information and communication
- Plan information and communication processes
- Implement project information and communication processes
- Assess information and communication outcomes
BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- Establish project
- Undertake project planning and design processes
- Execute project in work environment
- Manage project control
- Manage project finalisation
Marketing the business and its products and services
BSBMKG413 Promote products and services
- Plan promotional activities
- Co-ordinate promotional activities
- Review and report on promotional activities
BSBMKG501 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Identify marketing opportunities
- Investigate marketing opportunities
- Evaluate required changes to current operations
BSBMKG502 Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- Evaluate each component of marketing mix
- Determine marketing mix for specific markets
- Monitor and adjust marketing mix
With a dual Diploma of Business and Diploma of Project Management qualification, the skills you learn can help you find jobs and perform tasks in various areas of business, such as:
Create and build your own brand, turning your vision into reality.
Business Development Manager
Responsible for maintaining the growth of a business and taking care of clients’ needs and accounts.
Business Strategist or Consultant
Responsible for advising and planning strategies for a business to achieve their goals.
Manage and be responsible for the day-to-day activities of a business.
Oversee the operations of an organisation, ensuring it runs smoothly and efficiently.
Manage the development, progress, execution, closing, and review of projects.
Dolph Business School Certificates and Diplomas courses are nationally recognised qualifications. This means that they are recognised by all Australian Universities for determining your entry eligibility and course credit.
The course credit you are granted will vary depending on the undergraduate degree you choose to undertake, and the grades you attain for your Certificate or Diploma. Most prestigious universities expect you to maintain a 75-80% average to be eligible for course credit towards your bachelor degree and the time and money saved through a transfer of credits can be substantial!
Upon completion of your Certificate or Diploma program at Dolph Business School, should you wish to continue your studies and apply for an undergraduate degree course, our Student & Administration Support team will assist you with your enrolment application, as well as your advanced standing (course credit) application.
Dolph Business has credit agreements in place with several universities across Australia which guarantees students entry and credit transfer upon completion of our certificate and diploma courses, and could take up to a year off your bachelor’s degree! These credit agreements are of great importance as outside of these, there is no guarantee of the amount of credit transfer you will receive.
|University||Degree||Course Credit||Approximate Time Saved|
|Bachelor of Accounting||4 units||6-months|
|Bachelor of Business||8 units||1-year|
|Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management||8 units||1-year|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||8 units||1-year|
|Bachelor of Legal and Justice Studies||4 units||6-months|
|Bachelor of Business||8 units||1-year|
|Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management||8 units||1-year|
|Bachelor of Information Technology||8 units||1-year|
Online: You have up to 24-months to complete your course. This is a self-paced, Trainer-supported method of learning. We recommend you spend approximately 15-hours a week reading the course material and completing the assessment tasks given to ensure you complete the course within 12-months.
Please note. The above recommended study hours are indicative only. This time would be reduced if you have pre-existing knowledge and experience in accounting and bookkeeping. Dolph Business School is also able to support students who may require additional time.
There are no specified entry requirements for this qualification detailed within the Business Services Training Package.
Noting this, Dolph Business School requires persons who undertake this course to:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to be able to carry out tasks at a Diploma level.
Please note. Dolph Business School will engage with persons expressing interest in enrolment to discuss their language, literacy and numeracy skills. Dolph Business School can provide additional learning support to students who require basic assistance. For students who have more fundamental support needs, Dolph Business School can refer these students to a specialist language, literacy and numeracy development provider who can assist students to improve their language, literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to suitably commence the course.
In accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations and the National Code, Dolph Business School provides the opportunity for students to apply to have their prior learning and experience recognised towards an accredited qualification or units of competence for which they are enrolled in.
You may have obtained relevant skills and knowledge through prior formal training, workplace training or experience and may reduce the number of units or assessments required to be completed during the program. We will gather information about your prior experience and training history to determine the best pathway for you to achieve competency.
If you are interested in this course and believe you may qualify for course credit, come speak to one of our team members today to find out how we can help you!
You may be awarded a unit of competency based on successful completion of the unit which has been previously awarded either by Dolph Business School or by another Australian Registered Training Organisation.
We do not believe in our students just learning for the sake of passing their exams. This is why the assessment for this course is conducted using a combination of realistic workplace simulated tasks, projects, knowledge tests, and response to case studies – NO EXAMS! The following provides a brief explanation of the assessment methods that are to be applied:
Written Reports / Case Studies.
The student is required to produce a range of written records or reports based on real workplace scenarios or based on a case study that is provided by the assessor. This will usually require the student to consider carefully the situation presented, undertake some research to inform their response and then to propose their recommended actions. There may be a practical portion for the student to demonstrate a range of skills relevant to the workplace. This could be by way of presentations or role-play activities.
The student is required to undertake a range of projects in the context of his or her own workplace or on a case study that is provided by the assessor. A project will require the creation of various workplace documents (reports, memos, etc.). Projects may have a practical presentation component where the student may be asked to present or role-play the outcomes of their project or research.
The student is required to participate in knowledge tests over the course of his or her study. The student will be required to individually complete the test. The student may research their answers from the course training materials and notes as well as relevant workplace references.
Australia is renowned for being one of the best training destinations in the world and is great for any student looking to study Australian business courses online. Dolph Business School has a high student satisfaction rate and in a survey completed in October 2018, 98% of their students who responded would recommend them to their families and friends!